No Trick or Treat? Still tap those feet! It's time again for some really good treats!
Sure, it's not Halloween yet. No whiffs of candy corn, scent of creepy rubber masks, or sting of moonlit, chalk-filled, sock fights; instead, it is hot, steamy and sneezy, and too long a time, and depressing a wait, until the coolness of Autumn whips across your face again. So to get you out of the I-can't-wait-until-Fall doldrums, let's have a It's Not Halloween Yet But It Will Do Anyway Halloween Contest!
But what's the price? You must play a game. First, you must correctly answer the following devilishly difficult questions to win one of three splendidly horrifying prizes. Second, you must email those answers to me, whereupon I will place your name in the Skull o'Chance and perform the voodoo ritual of whatgotcha by the bright light of the morning sun. If the crow caws once, twice, or thrice, as I call your name out loud, so shall you win accordingly.
But is it worth it? Judge for yourself. I promise to make it worth your while. But you must do it quickly or live in regret for the rest of your life.
But beware, you have until July 29th, and you must be over 18 to enter, or else! Winners will be announced August 1st.
FIRST PRIZE -- Zombies, Gore, and More
- Tokyo Gore Police DVD
- Zombie Diaries DVD
- Experiments in Terror 3 DVD
- The Living Dead DVD (9 movies, 3 discs)
- Flight of the Living Dead DVD
- Slither DVD
SECOND PRIZE -- Superheroes and Adventurers (courtesy of Universal Studios!)
- The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton version) DVD
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Deluxe Edition)DVD
- Flash Gordon (Saviour of the Universe Edition) DVD
THIRD PRIZE -- Big Hairy Ape
- King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries DVD set
- King Kong (1933) 2-Disc Collector's Edition in Tin DVD set
Here are the questions:
- Who said "A boy's best friend is his mother?"
- In which film is the line "You're gonna need a bigger boat" heard in?
- In which film is the line "You're telling me that I should take my daughter to a witch doctor? Is that it?" heard in?
- In which film is the line "I've seen enough horror movies to know any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly" heard in?