Almost time for me to take a summer break for the months of July and August. It's the first time I'm doing this, but things and dead bodies are piling up, so I better attend to them. I'll still be posting reviews and views now and then, but not too regularly. Here's how I'll be occupying my "free" time:
- Finishing up on watching Penny Dreadful's Shilling Shockers Season 8 on DVD--filled with classic movies like Nosferatu, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Barrymore version), and Metropolis. Let's face it, unless your a truly die hard fan, watching silent movies is a chore and then some. Do yourself a favor and watch them with Penny Dreadful and her zany grue crew.
- Cataloging and scanning the new (and delightfully lurid) Mexican lobby cards and cool pressbooks I've recently collected to astound you with.
- Reading some of the books I've been receiving such as Broderick's Now a Terrifying Motion Picture: Twenty-Five Classic Works of Horror Adapted from Book to Film; Golden's 21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology; Them or Us (Hater) by David Moody; Kawin's Horror and the Horror Film; Little Deaths by Taff; and Robert Sweeting's Kekaju and the Hidden Swamp, to name a few. Reviews to follow...though I've no qualms highly recommending all of these for your summer reading pleasure (or terror).
- Preparing my Halloween posts for the month of October.
- Writing horror fiction.
- Catching up on my fellow bloggers postings
I don't think I missed anything, but you never know. Until later, then.